Oh Hello

 I know this thing is a little sporadic, but as I debated posting this here, I thought "literally why not?"

And that's why I'm sharing this, because there's never an excuse to not share with love and grace God's goodness. 

Hebrews 10 uses the true story of the Israelites wandering in the desert for 40 years to explain why this happened and how this still happens now. After God had delivered them from slavery, they were on the journey towards the land that was promised to them when their contagious grumbling caused their eyes to be blind towards God’s faithfulness. They became so immersed in their current state of eating the same food and impatience to arrive where they were going, that they longed for their days of slavery! This seems illogical, but as I think about it I can see how I do this so often. I forget about how terrible my state was before Christ and constantly go back to the deceitfulness of that life, thinking it would be better. For the Israelites, their lack of trust that God knew exactly what He was doing caused them to complain and grumble, which is a dangerous spiral that leads to being blinded to all of the good things! Making this parallel to now and to my life was so good to see and realize the dangers of complaining. Hebrews 3 also instructs us to look out for one another, so that we are not hardened by the deceitfulness of sin, which is exactly what happened with the Israelites, and exactly what still happens now. Instead of giving into and spreading grumbling and complaining, we are to encourage each other away from what will harden our hearts towards God. Breed thankfulness! It’s a life-changer.


This little photo of our winter storm here this week is a beautiful representation of an opportunity to complain (walking in 6 inches of snow in crutches isn't the easiest), but such an opportunity to see God's beauty and a reminder of how He washes us white as snow.


Comments